Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Nothin' too exciting

If there's anything worth saying, it's that I can't believe it's already Wedneday. Seriously, it's going SO fast! I swear it was only Sunday.....anyways. We've just been having letures and such. Our guest lecturer this week is Robert Amess, an old preacher man who's voice I can only compare to Ken Graves,....but way, way cooler, if that's even possible. Every time during lectures I just wish he would take us to the Lounge, build a fire, give us hot chocolate, and then read us The Chronicles of Narnia. It's that epic. Haha. Anyways, he is teaching us on the book of Hebrews. So it's a little crazy, just because Hebrews is such a difficult book to understand for most Christians I think, but we're workin' through and I'm enjoying it.

 I start my outreach on Thursday. Me and 3 others are going to a church to hang out with 10-14 year olds to hang out, play games, and get to know them. What's funny is the 3 others in my group don't really like jr-high age kids at all. Haha! It's going to be an adventure. Thank goodness God made my heart loving to all those awkward insecure little kiddos. :P

Other than all that, not too much has been going on. Yesterday was incredibly beautiful, there was sunshine and it was warm! Absolutely wonderful weather to read your bible outside in the sunshine while listening to Michael Buble I believe ;) Today, is the total opposite. Clouds and freezing cold weather that makes me and my roommates flock around the space heater.

Right now I'm hanging out in my neighbors room, because my roomies are gone to Carnforth, and we're just listening to music, finishing out assignments, and enjoying being warm. We keep saying we're going on a LOOONGGG walk to work off those chocolate filled crosissants we had this morning...but I don't think that's actually going to happen. Haha.

Well, sorry it's nothing exciting. I'll update you when I've got more exciting news to post.
And no, I have not met any "Henry James"........yet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment