Friday, October 15, 2010

Africa?

Today we had a meeting about the 10 day outreach in Kenya, Africa in February. I didn't actually go to the meeting because I figured there's no way I would be able to go, no way I could pay for it. But as I was sitting there reading my bible, God just spoke to me and told me, "Of course YOU can't do it, but do you trust me that I can?" And that rocked me. So I walked upstairs, stood outside the door, and it finished right as I got there. I asked one of the students how much it would be. He said 1,000-1,300 pounds. That's about 1,600 american dollars. Once again I just said, "there's no way in heck that I can do that!" And once again, God asked me if I trusted that he can and that he knows what he's doing.
I'm still praying about it. I have no idea how I would get the funds by fundraising while I'm here. They said you can ask your church about it but my church really isn't that big. I know there's nothing that God can't do but sometimes when you can't see an obvious path it's hard to start walking down it. But God told me to walk, so walk I do.
I'd like to ask for prayer for this as these next few months of planning this comes. I don't know when an opportunity like this will ever come up again, and to be logistical, 1600 dollars to go to Africa for 10 days is kind of an amazing deal. To get to work in villages with kids, teach them songs, play with them, build houses, whatever it is that we would do would be such an incredible opportunity, especially since I've already had the opportunity to come here to England.
So that's it. Keep me in your prayers, especially that I would stop doubting the power that God has in my life. He CAN do this. He CAN provide. He CAN sustain. The question is, am I willing to let him?

No comments:

Post a Comment