Sunday, October 3, 2010

COLORING!

Sorry it's been a couple days since I last posted. Let's catch up on what's been going on.
So, after my walk on Friday, we had dinner and then family group. It was fantastic! They took us to their house, fed us Pizza and Chips...(French Fries for you un-british people), and then "Apple Crumble and Ice Cream." It was SO. GOOD. We played games, got to know each other a bit more, was reminded that Sue Gilmore prayed individually over each person to figure out what family group that we were put in, so I'm excited to really get to know my family. After family group, we hung out for awhile and then, after singing a bunch of Disney songs with my roomies, went to sleep. And then...gasp! Sleep in day! It was FANTASTIC! I slept in until 9:30...it was absolutely wonderful!
After enjoying not having to be anywhere for awhile, we headed to brunch where we had real breakfast food! Eggs! Bacon! Croissants! Beans....yes, beans. It was fantastic...I ate a lot. After breakfast me and my roomie Rachel and her friend Amanda began the journey to Carnforth...all 5 miles of it. After about a little more than an hour of walking, Graih, one of the workers, drove by and picked us up. It was brillant! I absolutely LOVE Carnforth! I didn't get to experience as much of it and explore as much of it as I liked too since the people I was with didn't really want to..but I still have 6 months to do that :) I bought a cute little jacket for 3 pounds at the Thrift Store, and some much needed Shampoo and Conditioner. We started to walk back...but I won't tell you how we got picked up in a car....except that in England, holding out your thumb is quite normal and happens all the time....don't freak out!
After coming back from a long tiring walk, we went to dinner and had donuts! Donuts and Lasagna and freaking amazing garlic bread! It was splendid. After that we had free time and then we all watched UP on the big screen in the Conference Hall. It was a blast. I really do love that movie. Lots of the European students hadn't seen it yet, so it was fun to watch them watch it.
Today it was raining, and we had church in the morning, and then lunch, and then....da da da daaaa...roommate and neighbor Cinderella watching- Princess Coloring Book- coloring afternoon! It was soo much fun!
Now I think it's time for a Sunday afternoon nap and then tea...as they call "dinner" here.
Cheerio Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment