Thursday, October 21, 2010

London-Paris, Paris-Milan, Milan-Venice, Venice-Rome, Rome-London

There are my travel plans for Christmas. It’s okay to be a bit jealous. There’s a travel agent who works for Lancaster College who’s helping us plan everything and get the cheapest deals for all of it. It’s going to be fantastic! I can’t wait to go travel around with my friends Corinne and Nicole, (my roomies that don’t live in my room, they live next to me.) We’re going to have some awesome adventures and I can’t wait to go traipsing throughout Europe.
Life has been pretty normal around here. Our first big paper is due on Tuesday….and I still haven’t started. I guess my procrastinating didn’t get left at High School like I hoped :P Anways, Friday and Sunday are being completely filled with writing and getting that paper done. Saturday my friends and I are taking the train to Lancaster, to get some Starbucks and FAST internet to look up stuff for Christmas break. It’ll be nice. REAL ESPRESSO! Gasp. My heart is melting with anticipation of drinking all that Carmel Brule goodness.
Tonight is our 2nd outreach, and we decided (as in my team) that we were going to plan the whole thing. So, tonight, we are playing lots of games to get all their energy out, then we’re going to sing some songs (Wagon Train songs of course, I’m excited to bring “I Like Bananas” to the UK) and then talk about Jonah, with hand-motions of course. It’s such a different dynamic working with 9-11 year olds compared to Jr. Highers. I still like jr. highers better, but these guys are pretty cool too, as long as they don’t play the “Running-Around-Screaming” game they played last week ;)
Tomorrow night we’re having “Social Night” where we go and do different things with different staff. I am staying here and watching Prince of Egypt while pigging out on popcorn and cookies for instance. It’s going to be great, especially since we’ve been reading through the Old Testament, we’ll see it in cartoon-form. Haha.
So that’s about it for now. It’s getting chillier and chillier and I have to keep reminding myself, “It’s not even winter yet Katie.” Oh no. I’m going to freeze.

And oh! I would LOVE for people to send me “snail mail.” It’s so much more exciting to get it than just boring old emails. So if you’re bored one day and have nothing to do, send me a letter! You may just get one back from me if you do ;)
Katelyn MacDonald
Capernwray Hall Bible School
Carnforth, Lancashire
LA6 1AG England

No comments:

Post a Comment