Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sunshine Lollipops and Rainbows....

SUNSHINE!
Now I understand why the Beatles wrote: "Here Comes the Sun." It truly is a magical thing to see it's golden rays poking out from beneath the never-ending expanse of gray clouds, even if it is only for a few minutes before it goes back into hiding.
Today has been an incredible day so far. We had morning lectures, and then split the boys and girls into different groups. The women staff of Capernwray had us all stand in the middle of the room, and then they stood around us and one by one prayed for all of us. They prayed for things like home-sickness, not fitting in, feeling lonely, being beautiful in God's eyes, not comparing each other or competing against each other, and also that God would radically open our eyes to his will and that we would not be the same people who walked in those doors. It was truly beautiful. We got secret sisters, which they say is so "North-American." haha. I'm excited for it.

After that we had 2 more lectures and then headed out to lunch. And oh heavens. It was SO GOOD! It was beef curry, rice, and...gasp! Nan bread! It took me back to good times in Japan eating CoCo's Chicken Cutlet Curry and Nan bread. It was so fantastic, that my table hardly talked we were just eating as fast as we could. It's the first meal I've walked away from feeling full...since I've been here. There's really no worry about gaining a "freshman 15" when they don't feed you lots!

After sitting on a bench soaking up the beautiful sunshine, I went to talk to Carolyn Keats, director of Outreach, and I'm going to be on the Jr. High Outreach program and leading worship. I am SO EXCITED to get to work with Jr. Highers again. They truly are the best...and the craziest :P

After this I'm going to head out on a walk around the loop to go sit by the pond and play my guitar and read my bible with my friend Kate. The sun is out and I can already tell it's going to be amazing. I'm really trying to relax as much as I can before all the assignments begin and I'll actually have homework again.

Cheerio darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment