Sunday, September 26, 2010

120 girls. 55 boys.

Capernwray Bible School. It's incredible, and love it here already. I've already gotten to know so many people and it's amazing how quickly we all connected. I don't live in the castle, unfortunately, but my room under the conference hall by the garden is roomy and I love my roommates. I've got 3 other girls, 2 from Canada, 1 from Portland. I think we'll get along well, none of them snore so that's a bonus ;) And after all, we can only upgrade from here, in January, it's Castle time.

Yesterday as we arrived and our principal Rob Whittaker introduced the staff, one of the first things he said was, "As of right now we have about 174 students, not all of them are here, but gentelmen, you'll love to hear this, : 120 girls, 55 boys." Everyone laughed. It's going to be a good year. So daddy don't worry, there aren't any British boys who've caught my eye, but there are some Canadians and Italians ;)
Today we've had breakfast, cereal and croissants no less, and then headed out to church. I've done some exploring, took some awesome pictures, hung out with some cool people, ate a lunch of dry chicken and..gasp! potatoes :P, and now we're heading out on a walk throughout the countryside. And, tut tut, it looks like rain. Time to finally wear my Wellies and carry my umbrella. I can't wait!
I miss you all!
And oh- I only have internet from 2-5 and 9-10 my time, so either 6-10 am or 4-5 pm your time. So if you REALLLLLY wanna Skype with me, it's gotta be early ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment