Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Last Day

It's finally arrived. The last day at home. After months of praying, dreaming, and counting down, the day has arrived. So far it's been spent lying on the couch, thinking about all the things I need to do, and not acting on them at all. My last day at home, where my parents are in charge, there's no such thing as rent, and the food is free. Soon that's all about to change, so I'm enjoying it while I can.

I can't believe the house that's been my home for the past 10 years won't be quite, mine, anymore. But I suppose everyone has to grow up sometime. As my mom always quotes to me, "You're gonna miss this." Yeah mom, I am.

Tonight the tears will fall as I say goodbye to my family, my community, my friends. Sad, but not at the same time, because this place bonds us together. It's not a "goodbye" really, it's just a "see-you-later."  Yes, I'll miss them. But it's not the end. Like many cheesy movie sayings before me, "It's just the beginning."
The beginning of one of the coolest and one of many adventures I'm bound to have in this life. I can't wait.

My flight leaves LAX at 11:45 a.m on Friday, the 24th. I land at 7:10 a.m across the pond in Heathrow. Please pray for safety, and that I meet up with everyone I need to at the right time. Pray for the people I sit next to on the plane, that I will shine Christ's light brightly and not be afraid. Pray for my family as their baby girl leaves the nest.
Pray for this next year, that God will absolutely rock my world.

If you would like to send me letters, which I would LOVE by the way, here is my address:
Katelyn MacDonald
Capernwray Hall
Carnforth
Lancashire
LA6 1AG

Keep watching, the next blog post just might be from across the pond ;)

1 comment:

  1. :) I'm so excited for you pause sister. I love you oh so much! So happy that you're doing this blog so I can hear about your time across the pond!

    ReplyDelete