Monday, September 20, 2010

Cause when I am weak your strength is complete
It's perfect
Completely all I need
Sufficient for me
Your grace and peace are perfect
Completely all I need
You're all that I need.

In the madness of packing, figuring out how to get 6,000 dollars to the UK, saying goodbye, and all the other stress that's constanly surrunding me, this song came into my head. Why is it so hard for our human heads to understand that Christ should be our sufficiency? That his grace and his peace should be all we need? Why are we constantly searching for more?

Today I took a step back to really think about this. If God is all I need, sufficient for me, he is perfectly all I need, then the rest shouldn't matter. All the things I've been worrying about, shouldn't be worried about anymore. God obviously wants me here, that much is clear, especially in the way he's provided the money for my tuition without having to ask for support. He's gotten me a flight for hardly any money at all. He's given a Visa. He's given me an independent spirit just for things like this.

So today as I sipped a pumpkin spice latte a friend graciously gave me when hearing about my little freak out, I realized that God is enough. He WILL go before me. He WILL provide the way. He WILL give me the strength to carry on through the tough times. He WILL hold me tight in his arms while the world spins madly on around me.

And because of this, I'll be okay. I've got God on my side, what should I be afraid of?


 

2 comments:

  1. You don't know how much I needed to hear that today! Thank you!
    Harmony

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm not the only one who was feeling a bit distressed about it all, that IS good to know. :)
    Nathan Williamson.

    ReplyDelete