Tuesday, November 2, 2010

No, I did NOT try Haggis.

Scotland was absolutely amazing! From the incredibly old buildings, to the men on the street playing bagpipes, to the Mexican food I ate on Sunday. I loved walking around the city, hanging out with friends in the old, old cemetery, and laughing at the crazy stories we all told about our Hostels. Let’s just say our hostel was very tame compared to others. Although it was still a bit on the crazy side. We toured the Castle, took lots of pictures, listened to live music festivals, and walked so far it didn’t matter what we ate that day because we worked it all off by that night. I learned so much about my family history, saw the MacDonald name everywhere I went, and even found in a museum a exhibit saying: “Who is Katie MacDonald?” It was fantastic. I loved all the old history and antiqueness of the city, but what I loved even more was the sense of community I felt when spending time with my Capernwray friends. It would just be so exciting when you would pass by some of them on the street. It was like seeing your family, and I absolutely loved that.

However, I was excited when it was time to go home. I didn’t have to pay for food anymore, I wouldn’t have drunk roommates, I wouldn’t have to walk so far everyday, and here I know the sheets are actually cleaned. It was wonderful.
So that’s Scotland in a nutshell for you. We’ve been trying to stay awake through lectures and since our new lecturer is about the 2nd coming of Christ it’s pretty easy to stay attentive.

If there’s one thing you could be praying for it’s that I wasn’t chosen to go on the Africa team. The director of Outreach came up to me this morning and said, “ I hope you’re not disappointed, but we’ve decided not to have you go to Africa. I just have a strong feeling that God wants you here in the UK.” of course my first thought was, “Well, duh, I’m disappointed! And who are you to tell me that Africa isn’t where God wants me?” But of course, I held it in. I am incredibly bummed to not be able to go though. I wanted to hold little African babies so bad, play guitar for little African children, do everything there is to do in Africa. You could just be praying that I will be ok with this decision, and that God will just show me that he knows what he’s doing, even though I don’t understand why he would place this desire in my heart only to snatch it away.

This week will pretty much be a chill week. I’m excited to just relax and enjoy being back home. Tomorrow we are “abstaining from technology” to prepare for our day of prayer on Thursday, so this’ll be the last post for a bit. I’m really excited because we spend all day Thursday just praying and hanging out and relaxing in God’s word. It’ll be really refreshing and I’m looking forward to it. I love you and miss you! Send me letters ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment