Monday, November 29, 2010

Hello all my Bloggy-Blog followers!

Hello my bloggy-blog followers!
Well, another week has started here at Capernwray. And not only has a new week started, a new season has started. Yep. There’s snow here at Capernwray. Yeah yeah, laugh all you want. I shouldn’t of been so dumb as to think I could escape from the snow in England. I guess I just didn’t want to believe that it actually can snow here. It’s not too bad….as long as it stays at this 6 inch height. But I won’t get my hopes up, they say it’s supposed to double the amount tonight. :P Last night was pretty fun though, because once dinner was over we all went out and played in the snow for a few hours before evening church. It was pretty fun to watch some of the kids who have never seen snow before, they were so excited. It was fun sliding down the hill on trash bags and throwing snow into people’s faces. Of course, it’s all fun and games until the staff boys come out and hit you as you walk out of church. 4 standing in front of the door, one standing on the roof. Yep, I got attacked by snow. Oh goodie.

This last week was good. We learned a lot about the Holy Spirit and I loved learning all these different views of who the Holy Spirit is. I learned, what I believe is to be true, is that we do not need to be baptized by the Spirit, but we need to be filled with the Holy Spirit, and it’s not just a one time thing, it’s a continual filling over and over, and you’ll notice not by how you may be able to speak in tongues or whatever, but the transforming of ourselves, and how much more we become like Christ. I’ve been working on that, letting the Holy Spirit transform me into a more and more Christ-like woman of God.
The weekend was really fun. On Friday me and some friends went to Lancaster to watch Harry Potter 7 part 1! It was SO GOOD! I loved it and loved being in a movie theater again. There’s a lot of movies I’m excited to see once I get back home. The other great thing about English movie theaters? They serve Ice Cream. Mmmmmm mmm good. After that we came back to have an awesome worship night, fellowshipping with each other and praising our awesome and Holy God. It was an incredible night. After that great act of worship….we watched….Lord of the Rings 2. Yeah, how’s that for spiritual? ;)

The next day was spent in a Hotel bar in Carnforth drinking cappuccinos and planning Christmas. We barely got anywhere, but we do have a flight from London to Milan….that lands at 12 in the morning. Oh gosh. This will be an adventure. I’m excited. Pray we don’t get mugged….or killed! ;)

This next week’s lectures are our favorite Principal Rob Whittaker speaking on the Upper Room Discourse, a continuing study on Jesus and his disciples in the upper room at Passover, and the cutest elderly couple Stuart and Jill Briscoe from Milwaukee, speaking on Romans and characters of the Old Testament. It’s going to be good.
Well, here’s to a new week. Only 3 weeks to go until Christmas break! Bring it on!!
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment