Sunday, November 21, 2010

Today I had 3 naps.....

Well hello there friends and family!
It’s been a while since I’ve written. I’m getting pretty bad at this whole blog thing. Sorry. :P
The weeks seem to blur together, going so fast. I can’t believe that I’ve almost been here for 2 months already! That’s absolutely insane. I wish time would slow down. Soon I won’t be living in England anymore, and that is just so sad. Haha.

Let’s see. I finished my papers, got started on what’s due next week, and am SO tired! We had a fun family night at Trevor and Viv’s house, baking apple crumble and banana bread, while decorating for Christmas and enjoying hanging out with each other. Viv doesn’t like to cook so she threw some sausages and chips in the oven and called it a night. I miss cooking. Watch out Mom, because I’ve got about 6 months of baking/cooking to catch up on when I get home!

Saturday I had the awesome opportunity to go to a theater production of Beauty and the Beast in Leeds, England and it was fantastic! I love theater so much and wish I had more opportunities to be in plays when I was growing up. The theater was old and antique and so much fun. Did you know that in England you don’t buy candy at theaters, you buy ice cream? Well, it’s fantastic no matter what. The play was fantastic, and I absolutely LOVE Leeds! Such a cool old city, and my friend Corinne and I had so much fun walking around the German Christmas Market in the square and shopping at our new favorite store, Primark! 3 sweaters and a sweatshirt for 15 pounds? Yes please. We also went to the fabulous Pizza Express, where they make excellently GIANT pizzas, which of course, you eat all of. We got back super late and were really excited to go to sleep, until we realized our roomies were all watching P.S I Love You, and who can pass that up when you live so close to Ireland? ;)

We have a new guest lecturer this week, whom the staff say is always every classes favorite, Derek Burnside. He’s teaching on the Holy Spirit and I am SO excited to learn from him. It’s going to be a good week, and I’m excited for it.
But the sad thing is, it’s almost Thanksgiving, and we don’t celebrate that here. My tummy is already missing all that turkey-stuffing-mashed potatoes- pumpkin-pie-goodness you all get to enjoy. They put on a little “Everyone’s Thankful” celebration but it won’t be the same. So I’ll be living vicariously through you guys. I hope you don’t mind. ;)
Well, I’ll try to be better at blogging, I miss you guys! Have a fantastic week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment