Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It snowed...again.

Yeah yea, sure, it’s pretty. But I still prefer rain. Last week was great, great teaching from Stuart and Jill Briscoe, great fun with friends, and great planning of Christmas. We’ve still got a lot more to do but so far we’ve got train tickets to Manchester, then go to my 2nd cousin Debbie’s house for Christmas, then we have a flight to Milan and a hostel in Milan. The last thing we got figured out was a train from Milan to Venice. Now we just have to figure out hostels in Venice, train to Rome, places to stay in Rome, a flight to Paris, places to stay in Paris, then a flight back to Capernwray. It’s crazy planning all this, but I’m really excited for all of it. It will be a trip of a lifetime, that’s for sure.
I can’t believe there is only 10 days left until Christmas break. I realized though how sad I am to not be coming home. It’s weird not being home. But I’m excited for where I’m at. I have to switch rooms when 2nd term starts and I am a little bummed, even though I get to move into the castle. I just love my roommates and my suitemates. The 7 of us have gotten really close and I’m going to miss them, and our awesomely warm rooms. However, our pipes to the bathroom froze, so we now have no cold water, and in order to flush the toilet, we must fill up buckets with water from the shower and dump it in. Yeah. It’s been interesting. Especially since they don’t know when they’ll be able to fix it. Yay for life experiences.
Tomorrow we have family group, and we’re going to Trevor and Viv’s house for a traditional Irish Fry-Up breakfast and have Secret Santa. I’m excited. Trevor and Viv are great. Especially since yesterday, my dear old Pop Trevor dressed up as a Whoopie cushion and danced up the aisle to the stage to the song “Waving Flag” by Matisyahu. Yep. That’s my family dad. It’s like the Joshua Mock Rock all over again.
It’s December now so the bulk of our assignments are mostly done. We only have 1 assignment due before Christmas and so that’s nice. When we get back we start preparing for our 10 day outreach, which I’m really excited about. We find out where we’re going once we get back. I’m so glad for a bit of a break. It’s been so stressful because it’s the first year of the accreditation, so no one really knows what we’re doing. But that’s okay. It’s working out, slowly. It’ll be nice to get college credit though, that’s for sure.
We have our Walk Thru the New Testament test tomorrow…and I can honestly say I do NOT know this one as good as the Old Testament. But it’s okay, I have all afternoon and tomorrow to work on it. Boy do I have lots to do though. I’ve even started to make lists. Wow, never thought I’d ever do that. I’m slowly becoming an organized person…oh no! ;)
Well, I don’t really know what else to write about so that’s it for now. I’ll try to update a little bit later in the week when there’s more exciting news. This was basically just me throwing-up all that’s going on this week onto my little blog. Enjoy!
Merry 19 days ‘till Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment