Monday, January 31, 2011

A New Week

Hello my bloggy-followers!
It’s been quite a week. We just got back from our weekend away at the church where we will be spending our 10 day outreach. It was fantastic. Corinne and I stayed on a farm, where we lived with a cute farming couple with 4, yes 4 little boys, all under the age of 11. They were all blonde and crazy and loud and are going to be a real fun part of our 10 day experience as we get to know them better. Because we were on a farm and we do live in England, there were lots of sheep. Lots. Of. Sheep. And- they were having lots more baby sheep. Corinne and I put on our Wellies, grabbed our cameras, and headed out to see the little guys. We got there just as one was giving birth. EEEEWW! It was probably the grossest thing I think I’ve ever seen in my life, however, there’s something about new life that is just so cool. I saw two little lambs breath life and start to stand up on their own within 5 minutes of coming into this world. It was a really cool experience. The boys decided to name them Corinne and Katie after us. We felt special J
Another thing that we did was spend time at the church that we would be working at. Let’s just say that I though our church at Hume was small, there was probably 40 members of this church, most of them little old ladies who wore brooches and drank tea every hour on the hour. Seriously, these guys are intense about their tea. We probably had to tell them about 6 times a day that, no, we are really okay without a cup of tea thank you!
We had a meeting going over all the things that we’ll be doing. There’s a lot but I am really excited to serve the community and am excited to partner with a church who really wants to reach out to the people they live with. We’re going to be leading 2 entire Sunday services, plan ladie’s meetings, plan Youth clubs, go visit old ladies, plan a girls night, and because of the crazy tea-faze they have, probably have about 12 cups of tea a day. Oh boy. Our church is lovely and the staff are really excited to have us there. I remember sitting in the meeting and going, “This is what I want to do. I want to be working in a church, planning ways to reach out to people who probably don’t feel loved by the church.” It was really cool. I’m excited to see where God takes me once this year at Capernwray is over.
This week we have a lovely couple called Sam and Joan Fiore, (Italians!) who are talking to us about living the Christian life and seeing what God’s will for our lives are. Let’s just say we’ve already had Sam play the drums for us and show us where he lives in Italy by showing us a boot. Yes, a real boot. It’s going to be a fantastic week and I am excited.
The end of term is coming on us so quickly, I can’t believe I have a shorter time left than from when I started counting down to get here. I’m excited to go home and see everything, yet I’m soaking up as much as this place as possible. It’s my birthday in 21 days so of course I’ve already started counting down for that J and am excited for Italian dinner in Lancaster for the event with my friends.
I’m also really excited for my red-headed friend Tiffany to come and visit me. She’s coming soon and we’re going to start planning soon. We’re basing our travels around Jane Austen, because we’re just cool like that. So you bet we are going to both Pemberly’s and Bath, Jane Austen’s home-town, and London. It’s going to be splendid.
If you could just keep my PaPa in your prayers, I’ve heard that he’s gone into the hospital and isn’t feeling too good. Please pray that doctor’s would be able to get him on the mend and for my Gramma, that God will give her peace and that she will be able to rest in Jesus’ hands as I bet she is very stressed out right now. I just learned that he is out of ICU and is getting his strength back. All I can say is, “Praise God!” I told him before I left that he wasn’t allowed to leave before I got back so I’m glad to see he’s keeping his promise J
Well, that’s all I can think of to talk about. Geez, I remember when I used to write every day on this thing. Sorry for not being a diligent blogger ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment